When he was a university student, he was a backpacker, and he visited more than 30 countries.
During his travels, he always stayed at guesthouses & cheap hostels and he enjoyed meeting people from different countries.
In every country he could find such accommodation quite easily, but here in Japan, there are very few of them (especially around the central train station), so the early 1990s he decided to open one here in Kyoto.
At the time he did not have enough money, so he worked for a well-known insurance company for eight years to build up capital.
In 1999 he quit his job at the insurance company and finally in 2000 he opened the Tour Club.
In 2003, in response to growing demand, he opened the Budget Inn!
|What are our ideas?
Our guesthouses are based in part on ideas that the owner learnt while traveling.
1. PriceWe wanted our price to be affordable for the long-term visitor. (Our prices are cheaper than any YHA in Kyoto)
2. Locationa. We wanted our location to be within walking distance of the main station.
*We know that people don't want to worry about navigating an unfamiliar bus or subway system when they first arrive!
b. We wanted to locate our guesthouses in the quiet & safe area because we know that quietly is the most important thing for guests sleep and safety is indispensable for enjoyable stays.
3. Facilities & ServicesFor convenience, we have (1)Internet Access, (2)FREE Tea & Coffee, (3)Coin Laundry, (4)Bilingual TV, (5)Refrigerator, (6)Microwave, (7)International phone card and (8)Money Exchanges. (Our cash exchange rates are even better than banks rate!)
4. CleanlinessWe wanted our rooms to be clean and comfortable. (Tour Club got the highest ranking for cleanliness by Welcome-Inn-Group's* questionnaire. The Budget Inn is under the same management of the Tour Club and Brand-new!)
*Welcome-Inn is managed by national organization and about 800 budget accommodations belong to the Welcome-Inn.
5. Bed room
a. Dorm rooms--We limit the number of people to five in a room so that guests will have a comfortable and quiet sleep.
* It's also very good for security: We've never had a stolen problem! (From the opening of the Tour Club)
b. Private rooms--Japanese-style room (Tatami mats, Futon beds and Japanese lanterns) with private bath and toilet.
* For convenience, we have made the toilet in the western style.
6. Japanese experience
We have some traditional Japanese spaces & services, so that our guests can enjoy our culture during their stay.
a. Kimono try--All female guests can try on kimono and all male guests can try on happi for free of charge.
b. Japanese style living room--Most Japanese houses have a traditional living room with Tatami mats, a low table and Japanese cushions. We installed this living room so that guests could experience comfort in the Japanese style.
7. Air-conditioningKyoto's summer is very hot and Kyoto's winter is very cold, so we arranged air-con (& heater) in every rooms. (Using for free)
8. Ecological mind--Act to stop global warming!--
a. We use less CO2 (high-tech) aircon and ecological lights. (They are expensive though.)
b. We do not use cars for ourselves for the earth. --Usually all staff use bicycles. (Also we are not so rich...)
Reservation inquiry Please click here
If above inquiry system does not work, please inform us following information by email.
1)Name: 2)Number of people: 3)sex: *male(s), *female(s) 4)Age: 5)Check-in date: 6)Number of nights: 7)Room types: 8)Phone number: 9)Nationality: 10)Flight info: ) You can copy 1)..10) and paste them into email.
email: email@example.com Thank you!
About Us Photos Price FAQ Map Sight info Links
|Chinese| About Us Service Price FAQ Map Links